The key to good carpet maintenance is to avoid particles of loose dirt and dust from working their way into the carpet pile. Once embedded, they will act abrasively on the fibres and discolour the carpet.
- When newly fitted, vacuum your carpet regularly, at least 2-3 times per week
- Using a large doormat will reduce the amount of dirt being transferred around the house
- Try to avoid laying a light coloured carpet next to an external entrance
- Cut pile carpets should be vacuumed with an upright cleaner with beater bar and brush
- Loop pile carpets should be vacuumed with a cylinder cleaner, using the suction head only
- When dealing with spillages or any other type of staining, please contact a professional carpet cleaning company for advice